Rainbow? Mmmm for me rainbow is happiness thus my recipes are all revolving around food that increases and makes your mood better. I mean what better way to enlighten you from a bad day at work or stress from school than food,right? So then let me introduce Chewy Cornflakes!
Well, why cornflakes? According to research, “Your breakfast cereal is the easiest way to get 100 percent of the daily amount of folic acid (the synthetic form of the B vitamin folate). “Replenishing folate in people who are deficient can reverse depressive symptoms,” says David Mischoulon, MD, associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.”
Our everyday breakfast cereals aren’t only met as a breakfast cereal or a substitute for heavy breakfast meals because you’re on a diet; it can also boost your dead Oh God it’s Monday again mood. The different vitamins and minerals you get from it especially folic acid aids with uplifting one’s depression or stress. Amazing,right? Now for cinnamon.
According to one study, “cinnamon’s scent alone can reduce irritability in drivers. Its antibacterial properties can also remove harmful strains of gut bacteria that may also cause depression.” That, I believe is enough to explain my reason for choosing the ingredients. For the recipe, well, when you’re not in the mood, you wouldn’t want to be bothered to much to cook complicated dishes so I decided to use this recipe. Plus it’ll be easy for your friends to make and give you this to uplift your spirit just like what trie friends do. Without further ado, below is the recipe and procedure. For more details click the recipe for the source and the video for the link of the procedure. Enjoy!
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 110-ounce package marshmallows
- 6cups cornflakes
- 1/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan and line with parchment, leaving an overhang on two sides.
- In a large saucepan, cook the butter and marshmallows over medium heat, stirring, until melted. Mix in the cornflakes and cinnamon.
- Press the cornflake mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Let cool completely, then lift out and cut into squares.
Here’s the video: Chewy Cornflakes